Eugene D. Hernandez
3651 Redbud Drive
Westbury, NY 11590
Public Relations Specialist with expertise in marketing and program management. A creative and energetic leader with ability to communicate vision and inspire action.
- Community Relations • Advertising • Marketing Strategies
- Print Production • Special Events • Promotional Materials
- Multi-Faceted Tasks • Mac and PC applications
SHELTER FOR WOMEN, Westbury, NY 1999 – Present
Community Relations Coordinator
- Planned and managed all public relations of organization. Led major, succesful fundraising campaign. Served on board. Coordinated all special events and special program. Ran annual fundraising campaign.
BEALES, & FRANKLIN, Westbury, NY 1996 – 1999
- Designed advertising copy for all media campagins. Compiled a training program for cross-promotional fundraising events. Led campaign for American Cancer Society raising over $1 million.
NEW YORK EDUCATION FOUNDATION, Westbury, NY 1994 – 1996
Executive Assistant to CEO
- Assisted the Board of Directors and Executive Director in all daily administrative duties. Created print campaigns and community relations.
GENO SYSTEMS, INC., Westbury, NY 1993 – 1994
Account Executive / Public Relations
- Utilized cold calls and customer service to expand customer base. Opened 25% more accounts in first year than previous client base.
GOLDMAN SACHS, Westbury, NY 1992 – 1993
Marketing / Public Relations Representative
- Designed award program to motivate personnel. Conducted assessments.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, New York, NY 1991
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Advertising, Minor: Graphic Design
Past Affiliations and Community Service
YMCA, Board Member
United Way, national fundraiser