John R. Thompkins
3355 Diamond Cove
North Providence, RI 02911
- Superb expertise in Contractor Logistic Support and customer needs.
- Several years in government and corporate experience.
- 5 years cross-functional Logistics Business Operations experience.
Areas of Expertise
- RFP Preparation • Contract Management • Costs Analysis
- Resource Estimating • Subcontract Management • BudgetAnalysis
- Proposal Preparation • Work Authorizations • Accounting
- Negotiation • Direct Costs Analysis • Staffing Reconciliation
Management & Leadership
- Responsible for all Contracts & Pricing Administration.
- Business Operations Team Leader during transition.
- Successfully cross-trained employees in all functional areas.
Contracts & Pricing
- Managed over 25 proposals annually.
- Played a vital role in negotiating new work contracts.
- Successfullycoordinated three major estimates and subsequent proposals worth over $10 million.
Budgets & Finance
- Responsible for all invoicing.
- Identified discrepancy in detachment shipping cost saving $2 million annually.
- Managed over 50 subcontracts worth over $10 million.
Merritt & Moore, North Providence, RI 2000 – Present
Certified Associate Contracts Manager
Merritt & Moore, North Providence, RI 1998 – 2000
Contracts & Pricing Administrator
Same as present position. Title changed after contract transition.
US Navy 1993 – 1998
Quality Assurance Specialist
Responsible for monitoring 10 contracts annually worth over $50 million.
US Navy 1992 – 1993
Division Leading Enlisted Person
Responsible for the training 150 personnel. Reported directly to Division Officer.
US Navy 1990 – 1992
Responsible for the supervising 50 technicians.
US Navy 1989 – 1990
Quality Assurance Inspector
Oversaw 20 naval maintenance programs.
US Navy 1984 – 1989
Barracks Company Commander
Responsible for the health, training and safety of 300 Sailors. Reported directly to Division Officer.
University of Rhode Island 1999
M.A., English Rhetoric & Composition
University of Rhode Island 1995
B.A., Management/Professional Writing
Managing Projects in Organizations
Deming Quality Improvement Seminar
Contracting Professional as Business Manager
Leadership Management Effectiveness