Elizabeth J. Sanchez
3102 Station Street
San Jose, CA 93151
Cost Estimator in a position which utilizes technical and industrial expertise and a strong background in construcion management.
Experienced in all types of construction including commercial and residential construction. Excellent track record of government compliance, safety, scheduling, and cost controls.
Expert knowledge of all phases of construcion including estimating and subcontractor relations. Proven ability to finish ahead of schedule and below budget.
Superb communication skills. Work well with labor, subcontractors, and government inspectors. Able to effectively communicate plans and blueprints.
Call Construction, San Jose, CA 1999 – Present
Residential Property Renovator
- Completed a major renovation for a 5000 square foot historic home. Completely updated all wiring and plumbing while mainaining structural integrity and historic finish work.
- Complied with local building codes and adhered to a strict budget.
Remington & Hart Insurance, San Jose, CA 1998 – 1999
- Managed sales of insurance policies for customers seeking life insurance and health benefits.
- Created highly-custom plans per client needs.
Quality Construction, San Jose, CA 1995 – 1998
Property Renovator / Carpenter / Plumber
- Carpenter for busy construction business.
- Performed extensive renovations following damage resulting from major natural disaster.
Pearce Property Management, San Jose, CA 1990 – 1995
Carpenter / Plumber
- Performed routine maintenance and upgrades for historic residences.
- Repaired roofs and foundations and installed new appliances.
Roof-It-Right, San Jose, CA 1986 – 1990
Roofing & Construction Worker
- Installed new roofs and replaced existing roofs. Monitored quality and safety.
HMD Builders, San Jose, CA 1983 – 1986
Commercial Construction Worker
- Served as Construction Worker for a 20,000 square foot commercial business complex. Adhered to strict building codes and budget compliance.
Evanston Estimations, San Jose, CA 1977 – 1983
- Performed multiple duties as estimator for off-shore drilling project with highly technical and complex requirements. Calculated materials requirements, job cost estimates and scheduling.
- Monitored costs from design to completion. Managed records and cost reports for project.
Cooling Construction, San Jose, CA 1971 – 1977
- Performed various installations and repair of HVAC systems.
Areas of Technical Training
- Courses in OSHA, First Aid and Safety
- Blueprint Analysis • Basic Engineering
- Purchasing Equipment • Negotiating Prices
- Quality Assurance • Cost Control
- Management Principles • Tools and Equipment
PORTERVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, PORTERVILLE, CA
Civil Engineering Curriculum (attended 2 years)
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, BAKERSFIELD, CA 1970
SOUTHSIDE HIGH SCHOOL, FRESNO, CA