Controller Technician Resume Sample
William E. Rodriguez
4236 Lightning Point Drive
Memphis, TN 38110
Seeking a senior controls technician position.
Summary of Qualifications
Responsible for all on-site troubleshooting of technical problems, component-level repairs and modifications of avionics systems, and associated software.
Able to lead and supervise teams of technicians in project planning and startups, cost control implementation and performance evaluations.
Regularly lead technical workshops, training sessions and on-site technical demonstrations.
TENNESSEE CANDIES, Memphis, TN 1988 – Present
- Currently serve as Controls Tech responsible for operating and troubleshooting 25 intercommunicating PLCs.
- Assigned to ensure production flow, quality control, and technical maintenance for the baked candy lines; system utilizes continuous batching process with several weight, flow, PID heating and cooling loops, pressure sensors, temperature probes, and traced and cooling control valves on water.
- Also responsible for starting up two new lines.
- In-house equipment and technical expertise with K-Tron Feeders, Yokogawa & Micromotion Flow Meters, Fisher Control Valves, Anderson & Rosemont Pressure Transmitters, AC (115VAC) Input / Output Modules, Gas Burner Ovens, PID Cascaded Heating & Cooling Loops, and Intouch Screens.
ATM AIRCRAFT, Memphis, TN 1986 – 1988
Systems Engineer Specialist / Supervisor
- Hired and managed ten engineers for Test Stations, and Electronics Repair Labs at an on-site depot repair facility. Served as Engineering Lead and ensured quality repairs.
ATM AIRCRAFT, Memphis, TN 1984 – 1986
Senior Systems Engineer
- Responsible for operating and maintaining five Maintenance Test Stations. Facilitated repairs to the component level, including transmitters, receivers, tuning circuits, regulators, and signal digital processors.
ATM AIRCRAFT, Memphis, TN 1982 – 1984
- Worked closely with co-workers to create prototype automatic test station.
ATM AIRCRAFT, Memphis, TN 1979 – 1982
Associate Engineer / Test Engineer
- Conducted compatibility testing of radar components on ATE test stations, tested and repaired all modified units and test stations, and performed repairs to the component level.
UNITED STATES NAVY 1973 – 1979
- Served as Avionics Tech for intermediate-level repair on jet radar and avionics systems.
Continuing Education & Technical Training Courses
- Control Logic Course
- Modicon PLC Training
- K-Tron Loss in Weight Feeders
- Motion Control Course
MEMPHIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Memphis, TN 1981
Electronics Engineering Studies
- Successfully completed 36 hours of technical studies.
WARREN GATE UNIVERSITY, Memphis, TN 1979
Business Management Studies
ENGLESIDE COLLEGE, Memphis, TN 1971
- Team Captain Baseball Team