Opal G. Gowen
3621 Garflield Road
Peoria, IL 61604
Finance Professional with expertise in cost analysis and strategic planning. Able to strengthen internal controls and provide accurate forecasting, cost accounting and financial reporting. Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Budgeting • Forecasting
- Capital Budgets • Budget Variances
- Capital Expenditures • Expenditures
- Financial Data • Lease Tracking
- Workman’s Compensation • Staff Policies
- Maintenance Contracts • Budgets/Spending
Deuce Corporation, Peoria, IL 1985 – Present
- Member of a team to determine fiscal soundness of outsourcing some data entry processes. Determined that it was not beneficial and data entry was brought back in-house. Saved the company $1 million in labor costs/year.
- Managed annual budgetof $300,000.
- Led team to create policy manual.
- Designed Excel spreadsheet to present personnel effectiveness to management.
Deuce Corporation, Peoria, Il 1997 – Present
Cost Administration Analyst: Office Operations
Managed a budget of $500,000 and supervision of ten staff members. Oversaw all aspects of budgets and financial forecasting
Deuce Corporation, Peoria, Il 1990 – 1997
Supervisor: Order & Payment Processing: Order & Payment Processing
Deuce Corporation, Peoria, Il 1985 – 1990
Training Coordinator/ Data Entry Operator: Order & Payment Processing
UNIVERSITY, Peoria, Il 1989
Bachelor of Arts, Finance
- Public Relations Representative: Marketed club and provided fundraising volunteer hours.