Sales and marketing the two words that are common in today’s market. There are many students who after completing their professional course/degree want to pursue their career in this field with the related job profile such as marketing executive, sales executive, operational management, corporate sales agent, etc. Before they apply for any type of job, it is important that they should have a well-planned resume ready, so that they can send the recruiter for the job openings in the field of sales and marketing. But, many individuals (both fresher’s and experienced candidates) do not know how to write a sales resume and what is the importance of effective resume writing.
Let us have a look at some of the points that need to be remembered before drafting sales resume for any positions.
- Highlight the essential aspect of the resume in a positive manner and use bullet points to describe some of the sections such as skills and qualities, educational qualifications, and professional experience along with the duties and responsibilities that you undertook in your current and previous organization
- Use simple language to form the sentence and do not use flowery language. Make sure that the resume is error-free and there is no spelling mistake and vocabulary error in your resume. Also check for the sentence construction and grammar before sending the resume to the recruiter.
- The resume should be short and precise with relevant information and do not try to lengthen your resume too much. Keep it to 1-2 pages in length.
- Proofreading the resume is very essential before sending it to the recruiter and make sure that the resume has a professional approach
- Make sure that you are attaching the resume with the cover letter, as the recruiter can get an overall idea about your professional and personal information, before going through the resume
Now let us go through a sample sales resume that would give you a clear idea of how to draft a sales resume for any job opening in sales and marketing. Sales Resume Sample
Name: Alan Mouser
Address: 999 Black Street, New York, United States
Seeking for a position of a sales manager in your organization where I can excel my skills for the betterment of the organization. My sole aim is to leave a mark in this field with my excellent work and honesty.
Currently, I am working for ABC Sales Corporation as an assistant sales manager from the last 4 years, but my total experience in this field is of 10 years. I have developed my skills and I am well-versed with the knowledge of the sales and marketing. I am holding a team of 10 members, including sales executive, business analyst, and other sales people. I want to build a long-term career with your company and hope that my marketing and sales skills will help in the growth and success of the company.
Skill Set and Core Competences
- Excellent knowledge of the domains and good analytical skills that helps in preparing marketing strategies for profitable business ventures
- Positive attitude towards work and make that the work is completed within the deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as it helps in convincing the clients
- Good presentational and inter-personal skills that helps in representing the company
- Skilled with computer knowledge an its various applications
- Multitalented and multitasking ability, i.e. can handle multiple work in same time that helps in the productivity of the company
Designation: Senior Business Analyst
Organizational name: ABC Sales Corporation, New York, United States
Duration: October 2006- till date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the business activities on the basis of market survey that helps in future planning
- Prepares a checklist of all the activities such as market policies, budget, etc and set a priority list on which they make future planning for meeting the deadline
- Make use of the given resources to the best possible way and try to get the best output
- Conduct meeting with the clients and other members of the committee to resolve any type of issues
- Keep a keen watch on the progress activities
- Master’s in Business Management (MBA) from Boston University, New York, United States, 2006
- Bachelor’s in Business Management (BBA) from Boston University, New York, United States, 2004
- High School Diploma from ABC School, New York, United States, 2001
- Name: John Ronald
- Designation: Assistant Branch Manager
- Organization: ABC Sales Corporation, New York, United States
- Phone No: 987-874-9090
- E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
This concludes with the answer to how to write a sales resume. You can refer to the above example and prepare a customized resume for the related position.